Wednesday 25 February 2015

Week 4 - Starting to really see the benefits!

Day 22 - I'm still a little flaky during the day so I'm looking forward to cutting the Exfoderm to every other day now. I also bought myself a Clarisonic face brush today so will try it once it's fully charged. Hoping that this will help remove the flaky skin more so I can wear make up, not that I really need it with this glowy skin but I want to wear some blusher and concealer at least on top of the mascara. Overall very happy with what's happening improvement wise. Can't wait to see my blackheads and large pores shrink and disappear even more.
My Mia 2 from Debenhams

Day 23 - I decided to skip the Tretinoin yesterday evening and will start using it every other day, alternating days with the Exfoderm. For some reason my face was feeling hot and flushed yesterday after a day of shopping so I figured cutting Tretinoin might help fight that. I used my Clarisonic face brush this morning for the first time. My skin is silky soft now! Still a bit flaky in certain areas though. I feel I look so much fresher now, although the under eye wrinkles are still worse than normal.

Day 24 - Make up is looking ok now as flakiness is minimal. I think the Clarisonic face brush is amazing, my skin feels so soft and it's supposed to help the cleanser penetrate the skin better. I think it's working although I've only used it three times so the jury is still out on long term benefits. I'm using the soft brush head as I don't want to agitate my skin whilst getting used to it. I've been inspecting my skin in a 10x magnifying mirror and my large pores and blackheads have improved. Still a way to go but it's getting there for sure! I am officially a fan of Obagi Nu-Derm, that's for certain.

Day 25 - Doing the Exfoderm and Tretinoin alternate days is working for me as my skin is more "normal" in both colour and less flaky. Although today I am peeling a lot in the eye and forehead area, even my eyelids are flaky. It looks a bit weird! It has also got worse as the day goes by so today has turned into a full on flakiness day. I try not to use the moisturiser except for on the eye area and where I'm dry, which is around the nose and mouth mostly. I can't even see the two annoying sunspots anymore. Now my face is back to normal colour too so they are definitely gone. This is great news!
Day 25 AM
Day 25 AM
Day 26 - Less flaking today which is reassuring. Today is Exoderm application day. I applied the Tretinoin last night and this morning I was a little pink. My neck is starting to show another small dry spot so back to intense moisturising until it's normal. I'm really not using a lot of the moisturiser at all, unless super dry and flaky. My skin is looking so glowy but it seems it's still going to be up and down with peeling for the time being. I'm definitely over the worst and now I'm getting impatient to get better results on my large pores and blackheads. I can't believe the changes I've seen in only four weeks, it's very impressive. I'm doing this for 12 weeks so I'm not even half way through yet. I'm excited to see what the end result will be!

Day 27 - Today was my first day in my new job and I was hoping my skin would look fantastic. No such luck. I was peeling a lot and had to do some gentle exfoliation with my fingers when the skin was wet to make sure I got most of it off. I'm also getting a red spot on my nose again. I think it may be the Clarisonic face brush bringing impurities to the surface. All that said, one of my new colleagues did say she's envious of my glowy looking skin so it can't have been all bad! I couldn't wear any make up at all except for mascara. As I don't want to get spotty I'm returning to Tretinoin cream and blender every night to help dry it out. If I get too pink I'll reduce it again, maybe do two days on and one day off.

Day 28 - Less peeling today and skin is getting a bit pink again from the increased use of Tretinoin. I can't wear any make up and the flaking was visible in the afternoon. It's not too bad but obviously as I'm new at work I'm a bit self conscious. I have another little spot on my cheek so I do think the Clarisonic is doing a good job getting more impurities to the surface. My face is also very soft. I've had a busy week but I will upload another pic tomorrow. It feels like things are adjusting and even more normality is around the corner once the final impurities are gone. Quite happy still!

No comments:

Post a Comment