Friday 6 March 2015

Week 5 - Flakiness continues, experimenting a little with how many days of Tretinoin I can take without getting too pink.

Day 31 - I've been busy working so struggled with updates. The day after Exfoderm application is bad as I'm completely flaky and weird looking. I think my skin has gotten a bit worse but it could be my imagination as I think I'm more conscious with being at work again. Still waiting for the large pores and blackheads to improve much more. Hopefully this will happen! I'm experimenting a bit with how much to use the Tretinoin cream without getting too pink.
Day 31 my dress full of flakes

Day 32 - I read some online reviews from other Obagi users and some said their skin got slightly worse again around week five and six before achieving great results. Maybe that's where I am at as it feels worse and quite dry again. I'm still flaky everywhere. Not like in the first few weeks but I can't wear make up and I carry the moisturiser with me to work in case it gets very dry and flaky during the day. Today is Exfoderm application day so I don't look too bad, however I expect peeling snake face to resume tomorrow. At least it's weekend so I can hide away! My plan is to use Exfoderm every other day and alternate with Tretinoin except for Friday to Sunday when I will use the Tretinoin every day. Let's see how that will work, the back up plan is to alternate them as before.

Day 33 - As expected my entire face has peeled today. It started last night after the evening routine. It's easy to pull it off as it's thin skin sheets, with the help of a tweezer. The problem is it's time consuming but if there's still skin hanging after the careful washing and attempt to remove it, tweezers is the only way forward! I also have two red small spots on my forehead, which is why I was saying I feel like I'm going backwards. In some areas my blackheads are better, in others worse. I'm also drier where I've most likely put on too much Exfoderm. Time to cut it back around the mouth and nostrils again. It's frustrating but all part of the process I guess. I'm still only at week five so I need to be patient as this is a marathon journey, not a sprint. Patience is a virtue....
Day 34 AM
Day 34 - A spotty pink face greeted me this morning. It was Exfoderm application day again and it did sting a bit to apply today as I'm a little dry. I will put on the hydrate moisturiser tonight as I'm giving the Tretinoin a break. Hopefully "the getting worse" phase I'm in doesn't last long. Today my face also felt hot but I blame myself as I blasted my skin with three days of Tretinoin application. As you can see I'm still glowy but I did feel a bit greasy and shiny on my nose at the end of the day.

Day 35 - The spot is annoying me but there seems to be no more spots coming through. Thankfully! Seems like things are getting a bit better again as I wasn't greasy in the t-zone today at all. This week really has been up and down with the skin behaving a bit crazy and flaking / peeling. Hopefully week six means it gets better again and I continue to see improvements over weird spots and flakiness or oiliness. Fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi what about wrinkles I see some wrinkles under my eyes which I didn't have before r you experience the same thing or I should be worry?

    ReplyDelete