Wednesday 11 March 2015

Week 6 - Hoping for normality!

Day 36 - Start of week six. Slowly getting there week by week. Met a friend today who hasn't seen me since I started the Obagi system. She said I look like I've been on holiday rather than looking bad and weird pink. I think I'm my own worst critic. I went gym today and trained hard and my face got red but not purple red like in the first few weeks, very reassuring as I was very self conscious back then as it took a while for the face to go back to normal. There's no more spots coming (big relief!) but I'm still a bit dry and flaky, especially around the nostrils and mouth. Also a bit near the eye area. Nothing that can be noticed unless you are up close however.

Day 39 AM
Day 39 - Today I'm peeling everywhere and as I was a little too vigorous rubbing skin to get it off this week I've got a scab in my chin area. The spot on my forehead is dried out but weirdly also peeling. Not much else to report. I will go back to using Tretinoin every other day as I dried my skin out a lot and was so pink, it's finally feeling less dry so I want to keep it this way. No more experimenting! I miss being able to wear powder and foundation, especially with my ugly spot on show but I guess it's good to be make up free.... Skin at least is glowy and looks fresh (even after a night of wine drinking!)

Day 40 - I'm really pleased I bought a Clarisonic face brush as my face is so soft after using it and when I'm not flaky and peeling, it does feel like the creams go on my face easier and I can use less. I do think I'm seeing more  improvements in my pores and blackheads. The pores around my nose look smaller and cleaner. The ones on the nose are subsiding but are still there. The blackheads and pores on my chin seems to show the least improvement so far, but the areas where it wasn't so bad seems to have pretty much corrected itself. I will be patient! One of the small scars on my nose also appears to be less deep, which I observed a few weeks ago was starting to happen. There hasn't been a moment so far where I wake up and think "wow" my skin has changed so much which I know happens for some Obagi users. Maybe it will come... My skin tone is much more even and it seems finally my under eye wrinkles are getting back to being more as I remember them, rather than worse. Plus as I'm not dry now I don't use the hydrate cream at all, only in emergencies if I look very flaky at work and need to cover it. That's a good sign as my skin is now learning to not be dependent on creams for moisture, and it's supposed to happen.
Day 40 AM
Day 40 AM

Day 42 - I looked at my skin this evening before washing and it looks better. Definite improvements in pore size and blackheads. I keep going on about it but for me this is my key problem now the pigmentation issue is gone. I forgot the Exfoderm this morning as I went gym and left it at home. Oops! I will apply Tretinoin again tonight and Exfoderm tomorrow and see what happens. I guess I'll peel extra as a result, but I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment