Wednesday 15 April 2015

Week 11 - Skin seems back to "new normal".

Day  71 - The last week has seen improvements but I still have enlarged pores and blackheads, just much less than before. Peeling has now calmed down to minimal and this is the most normal I've felt since starting Obagi Nu-Derm. My skin looks very good, just not perfect. I've been able to wear make up but keep it to blusher and mascara, maybe some eyeliner although I can finally put on a full face of mineral powder if I want to. I feel better about my skin for sure! I wonder if more improvements are to come or if this is as good as it gets? Will ask Dr Sarah tomorrow.

Day 72 - Met with Dr Sarah again and she said my skin is looking good. She said I can cut down and use Obagi less if I want to but I said I'm happy to keep the regime up like it is as I'm coping well and peeling/flakiness is less and I want to be more aggressive. So we have agreed I go to 18  weeks keeping this up. I'm adding another toner as I said I still want to blast the blackheads and pores, now I will use Clenziderm Pore Therapy toner every other day. It contains salicylic acid so will help with the blackheads. I suspect I'm in for a week of adapting again but that's ok. Dr Sarah also reassured me I will see more results in the coming weeks as my skin cells keep renewing. Yay! I will also think about adding a blue peel at the end of the 18 weeks.
Day 73 AM

Day 74 - I looked a bit pink yesterday morning after using the Tretinoin over night and the new toner in the morning. It did calm down during the day though. My friend today said my skin looks very good and I was out in the harsh daylight / lovely sunshine without any make up on, so it made me happy to hear.

Day 77 - I have used the Clenziderm Pore Therapy twice per day so now I'm peeling a bit again and my skin feels tight. It's just that I like it when it tightens the skin and pores as blackheads aren't visible but now I have to cut down to once per day until my skin adapts.

No comments:

Post a Comment